Home insurance

Your new home or investment property is just a mortgage application away. And with our expertise and tenacity, that property dream is closer than you think.

Get in touch for a no-obligation chat about how we might be able to help you.

What's On This Page?

Get In Touch
1 Step 1

By clicking "Submit", you agree for us to use your personal data to contact you in order to discuss your mortgage and protection needs. Full details on how we process your personal data and your rights as a data subject can be found in our Privacy Policy.

Home insurance

Adviser Name

Info all about this page

Home insurance

Your home and its contents are likely your most valuable assets, so you’ll want to know they’re financially protected. Fire, theft, storms and flooding are just a few potential risks to your home, and the cost to recover the damage from such an event will likely be beyond your reach. Home insurance will protect against this scenario and provide for you to reinstate your home.

Your home is your castle so ensure you protect your most precious asset with home insurance.

Home insurance is a general term encompassing two variations of cover – buildings insurance and contents insurance.

Buildings insurance

Buildings insurance covers your home for the cost of damage by major events such as flooding, fire, subsidence, storm and weather, or vandalism. If you could pick your house up, turn it upside down and shake it, all the remaining bits (i.e. the structure and the internal fixtures) would be covered by building insurance. If your home were destroyed, rebuilding it from scratch would be an extremely costly exercise.

All mortgage-owned properties must have buildings insurance. Mortgage lenders make it a condition of lending, so if the worst were to happen, they’d be able to recover their losses. But even if you own your property outright, could you afford to rebuild it?

Contents insurance

Contents insurance covers all the personal possessions inside your home from damage and theft. That includes furniture, electrical appliances, personal belongings, jewellery, and flooring, including carpets.

Unlike buildings insurance, taking out contents insurance is a personal preference. However, could you afford to replace everything if you were burgled or your home was destroyed by fire or flood?

Although you can have separate buildings and contents policies, it often makes sense to buy them together. A combined policy keeps everything simple and can also help reduce costs.

As with any type of insurance, buildings and contents insurance policies vary. It’s essential to have enough cover to adequately protect your property, as being underinsured will affect the payout you receive after a claim, but not to pay for cover you don’t need.

With so much at stake, it’s essential to get it right. We’ll scour the market to find the most competitive quote while ensuring you have the right policy to fit your specific requirements.

Because we play by the book we want to tell you that...

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.

The fee is up to 1%, but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.

For insurance business, we offer products from a choice of insurers.