Expat mortgages

An expat mortgage is required if you're buying a property in the UK but live overseas or you're a foreign national buying in the UK. These mortgages can be more difficult to get than standard residential ones, as some lenders see these deals as higher risk, and most high street lenders don't offer expat mortgages. So to ensure your application is successful, you'll need an expat mortgage broker.
Contact us to find out more
Whether you're a British expat, a UK resident earning in a foreign currency, or a foreign national, we'll help you secure your expat mortgage.

Qualifying for an expat mortgage can be complex, and approval for these specialist mortgages often depends on individual circumstances. In some instances, expats may have to pay a higher interest rate and fees and could be more limited regarding the amount they can borrow. However, we have access to plenty of providers who’ll offer you a mortgage, and we know how to submit a successful application. With our guidance, you’ll be able to secure your expat mortgage whether you’re moving into your first UK property, remortgaging or investing in a buy to let.

If you’re living abroad, we can work flexibly across several different time zones and at a time suited to your international lifestyle. So we can keep you regularly updated on the progress of your application and be available to assist with your queries.

Because we play by the book we want to tell you that...

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.

The fee is up to 1%, but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.

Need more help? Contact us