Yes, it’s that time of year again! The Mortgage Quarter’s fifth annual Christmas gift appeal has launched, and we’re now seeking donations to make this year’s collection bigger and better than before!
Can you donate a gift and bring some festive cheer to a family in need this Christmas?
We’re partnering with CoLab Exeter and distributing the gifts between eight local charities. The beneficiaries will include:
- CoLab Atrium – supports adult clients with complex lives experiencing homelessness, drug and addiction, recovery and mental health issues.
- The Women’s Centre at CoLab – provides direct support to women who are faced with multiple disadvantages and/or are at risk from domestic abuse across the city.
- CoLabs Mens Group – a weekly meeting and group for men only. Many of the men attending have experienced mental health challenges; some are homeless or have experienced homelessness in their recent past.
- More Positive Me – supports people who have been impacted by domestic abuse and helps empower women to rebuild their lives after this trauma.
- The Olive Project – provides specialist support to black and minoritised victims and survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Exeter City Council temporary accommodation – provides temporary housing across approximately six sites for over 20 families who’ve had to leave their homes for safety and complex reasons.
- RD&E Charity (Bramble Children and Young People’s Unit) – specialises in caring for babies, children and young people between the ages of 0-18.
- Exeter Leukaemia Find (ELF) – provides vital support to patients with blood cancer and other disorders who attend the Haematology Centre at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (RD&E).
What can you donate?
This year, we’re requesting new and unwrapped:
- Toys with CE kite mark
- Toiletries for men, women and children
- Pampering products for men, women and children
- Sweet treats and selection packs
- Gloves, hats and scarfs
- Hand warmer packs
- Craft items
- Books, notepads and pens
- Gift cards, wrapping paper and A4 gift bags
All gifts must be unwrapped and be NEW with tags, and toys should have a CE mark.
You can drop your donation at our offices at 23 Richmond Road, Exeter, EX4 4JF, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, from now until Friday, 15 December.
Thank you for your support 🎄🎅